Friday, June 20, 2008

Day #2 as a blogger


So I've spent some time thinking about this whole blogging thing, and whether it's really something worthwhile to do with my time. I know journals and diaries are known to be therapeutic (for any of you younger people out there...that was a blog that people wrote on paper in a book for their own benefit...not to be confused with celebrity "autobiographies", used as a best-selling source of trash on other celebrities). I also know that in the past when I've tried a diary or journal, it doesn't take long until the pages are left blank with good intentions to get to it another day. So if I have any blog readers out there don't go expecting a new blog every day or even every week. Like so many of my other project this will likely end up sitting in a pile of "one day I'll get back to it" projects, but for now I guess I should get back on track and decide if I should even give this blogging thing a go. I lead a rather unexciting life...some may even call it boring. So, I have to wonder if I even have anything worthwhile to post in a blog. Sometimes interesting things happen at work, but for those of you who may not know I'm a nurse at a children's hospital, so pretty much all of those interesting stories are un-postable due to confidentiality issues. I have a few friends who would probably log on once or twice to just to see what I'm posting, but I'm guessing interest would taper, as those people could just look at my facebook status lines and pictures. I probably could be much more productive if instead of blogging, I simply spend that amount of time cleaning up this messy house, or actually washing the piles of laundry that are accumulating in the bedrooms...but if I enjoyed doing that kind of thing I certainly would live in a much cleaner house already. So, I guess what it boils down to is that I'm going to blog, not to amuse anyone, but to simply avoid the housework I don't want to do...like when I was a kid and I was made to clean my messy room, and I'd find some toy that hadn't interested me in months, but I'd start playing with it, just to avoid cleaning the rest of the room. Eventually, my mom would step in and start helping me...so if anyone out there in cyberspace feels like coming and lending a hand getting my house cleaned and my grocery shopping done, feel free. In the meantime I'll keep blogging to avoid it, and if I entertain someone along the way, all the better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog world. It will transform your life.... your proirities will go out the window. Your laundry pile will grow. You will re-consider t.v. dinners. But it is entertaining and theraputic. (I'm sure of it. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Thanks for the links to ZAZA's bags and my blog.

If I can remember how to add blog links, I'll add yours. :o)

~ Zaza's Mama, Linda