Thursday, June 19, 2008

my first official blog entry


Okay, so I like to pretend I'm all computer savvy, but truth be told I've never even written a blog before...at least until now that is. SO, I'm really not sure what to write. I guess firstly I'd like to dedicate this first blog entry to a fellow blogger...joyce. Now there's a woman who's got it all together. I've only met her live once, but that was enough. It was in a dentist's office...no, I wasn't there for a check-up or a filling...I was there to buy a bag. You see joyce uses a blog right here on blogspot to help others. This woman makes bags so gorgeous that the pictures don't do them justice, and it's not like she lives alone in a quiet house with nothing to do but sew bags, she does it whilst raising a family and then some. So I had managed to snag myself one of her beautiful creations and she was heading into the city, so I had the perfect opportunity to meet this wonderful person. Do we meet at some fancy little cafe for a latte...nope because we're both moms with more important things to do. And because of that I met Joyce as she was bringing her daughter into town for a dentist appointment. But this ordinary dentist's office had been converted by Joyce into a temporary daycare centre. There she was with a gaggle of toddlers in tow running errands. If they were her own kids it would be one thing, but these were other people's kids and there they were all playing nicely in a dentist's office waiting room. I had left my kids at home as it was a day off for my husband. I've got only 2 kids (and they're both fruit of my loins), but I was so grateful to not have to drag them out to pick up this bag, and there she was...not pulling out her hair or screaming at the kids, just calmly smiling and being the kind, caring person it is so obvious that she is. And hopefully I too can one day get my act together like that, although I doubt it, but it sure is nice to meet people who make you want to become a better person yourself. So if you read this Re-Joyce, hats off to you, and if you're ever in the city with nothing to do, give me a call and I'll treat you to a latte.

6 comments:

joyce said...

oh.
my.
That was so very generous, so kind, so goosebump tingley. Thank you so much, and I love that I discovered this without knowing it was here. You know what? do you read Blunderview? It's my other blog, and that's where you find out that I am so not together. Soooo not.
I'm glad you are blogging. You're way better at it than housework. :)

joyce said...

Tanya, I didn't have a chance to respond to the comment you left me yesterday. I do so appreciate your "broken record"-ness. And I don't see it that way.
I'd have to marry rich to afford me these days too.....

joyce said...

I'm kind of claiming this as my personal message board... I had a brilliant idea the other day as I was preparing for company. I love cleaning up the place and reclaiming it for adults but i don't care for the kitchen. I usually forget to prepare something special for company (that's Brian's job). So that got me thinking.... We could start a cult of sorts. You do all the cooking and baking; I'll do the housework; and the gnome can take care of the yard!

tanya said...

Joyce,
I definitely like the idea of having someone else do the cleaning whilst I bake and cook, and I'd happily exchange my catering services for your housekeeping services, but my only question is who'd watch the kids while we were doing all the work?

joyce said...

oh.
WEll, let's not resurrect Joyce the daycare lady, okay? I do have daughters who are 12 and 14 though...

joyce said...

hi Tanya- I was glad to see your name on the blog this morning.I was afraid that I had scared you off or something!